Thursday, January 31, 2008

One hell of a walk

Yesterday I woke up early and decided I needed to engage in some kind of hardcore physical activity. I was feeling a bit lazy from the past few days of doing virtually nothing, and had heard about this 10K walk you could do from a a bridge near the city all around the cliffs eventually landing you in Manly Beach (which takes about 30 min to get there by ferry ride). I started my walk at around 12:30 and finished at 4:30. They say the walk takes 3 hours, but I had to stop and take pictures of everything along the way, so it took me closer to 4 hours to complete. It was a long, arduous, gorgeous walk through ever-changing landscapes. One moment you're hiking though a rainforest, the next you're walking along strips of deserted beach, the next, finding yourself on cliff tops with spectacular views of the harbor and surrounding islands. I had no idea the walk would be so beautiful, and I'm glad I did it yesterday because the rain is coming in sideways today and it's hard to even set foot outside. I fear we're in for another 5 days of torrential nastiness... Anyway, here is a sampling of the pics I took along the way:






No comments: