Friday, January 18, 2008

And the lord said...

I am hesitant to believe it, but the forecast actually looks promising. Really promising. At least after tuesday...and there may be a sliver of sun tomorrow with which to re-burn my nose. I have unfortunately, been feeling a little under the weather (sorry, had to go there). Jet lag only just now setting in + a stomach bug that seems to be picking up in intensity + miserable weather = one heaping dose of awesome. But all that aside, I'm still managing to have fun. I played poker last night in the hostel with a bunch of people from every end of the earth. I did rather well, though we weren't playing for money. Today, I ran some errands and got a mani/pedi and a 10 minute massage with my new friend Liat who will be in Sydney for a good while. Then, I had some tea! I know, it's almost too exciting to even write. But I mention the tea because a funny incident did occur mid-sip. This aussie guy came over to me and said I looked interesting, then asked me if I thought his shoes looked cheap. I told him they did, in fact, look pretty awful. So he sat down and inquired about the book I was reading and then asked what I did. I told him I was an art director back in NY, and he looked surprised. He then proceeded to tell me that he thought I was a carpenter. Um... really? I look like I might be a carpenter? Jesus (sorry, had to go there again). I mean, either he is not very smooth with ladies or this weather must really be wreaking havoc on my appearance. Probably a little bit of both.

So tonight, I can either go out to some Bondi parties, go to the salsa convention, or sleep. If my stomach continues on its rampant path of destruction, I think the salsa convention will be out. And if I don't make it over there, I will be SO MAD at myself. 

No comments: