Tuesday, January 29, 2008

How did this even happen?

Ok, something is bound to go desperately wrong soon, because, um, can we please take a look at where I'm staying? For FREE!



In all honesty, I was perfectly content to stay in the smelly, crowded hostel. I was totally ok with the fact that I was sharing a room with 6 girls, 2 of whom had guys over and kept us up half the night with their, um, talking? I was cool with the fire alarm that went off at 7am and forced us all out of our sweaty, sandy beds and into the streets yesterday morning. I really was! But as awesome as all that all must sound...I'm REALLY content with this new situation. I don't know how it happened, I wasn't even really looking, but I was checking out of my hostel this morning and had been procrastinating figuring out where I'd be off to next. Before I could even figure out my next steps, a girl I met here called me to tell me that her friend whom I'd met the night before at a dinner party had a roommate that was going out of town for 2 weeks, and that I could use the empty room. They live in a huge loft apartment on the north end of Bondi Beach. There's TV, FREE internet (I found a tiny spot on my bed where I can get a signal- a veritable gold mine for me), and a room all to myself!! It's almost too good to be true... but I'm here so it must be true. I would probably go so far as to say I'm giddy right now.

I also figured out my travel plans for the next few months, so that was very productive on my part. Next week, I'm off to Melbourne to tour the Great Ocean Road which is supposed to boast one of the most spectacular views in the world. After that, it's down to New Zealand for a month of canyoning, white water rafting, climbing volcanoes, swimming with dolphins, etc. Here's the tour I'm going on (sorry, I know this is cruel):

http://www.kiwiexperience.com/kitchen-sink-bus-pass.aspx

I'm so excited I can barely stand it. After that, it's back to Sydney to start a surfing trip that takes you up the coast to all these deserted beaches where they teach you how to surf for 5 days. At the end of that week, I'll be up in Byron Bay (a paradise, basically) right in time for the annual Blues and Jazz festival there. After that, I'll be heading up north into the tropics for a crazy 3 day sailing trip to what are supposed to be the most beautiful islands in the world. Then after that...well, I haven't gotten that far. Hopefully I won't be broke and living on the streets by that point, because at the rate I'm going, that's a distinct possibility. Good thing I have a work visa, cause I'm gonna need to use it. And soon.

Oh and one more thing...this is where I went swimming yesterday... pretty awesome.

No comments: